CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ESTIMATOR
Hiring Company: Techcon (Monument Construction Inc.)
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Techcon is seeking experienced Construction Estimators to grow its site development business in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. Candidates will not only be skilled in the tasks of estimating but be dynamic salespeople who are able to seek new business opportunities and who embody Techcon’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, and Commitment to Relationships.
Since its inception 20 years ago Techcon has continuously invested in its relationships with customers and employees. Techcon designs and self performs the installation of exterior commercial spaces. These spaces are varied in both their use as well as their features. The spaces require all areas of construction expertise such as; Design, Civil Engineering, Demolition, Grading, Concrete, Masonry, Landscape, Steel, Carpentry and Electrical. Techcon’s employees deliver the highest standard in customer service and product quality while they take advantage of the broad work experience available to them. We seek out employees who crave success and personal growth and provide them an innovative and fun place to excel. Join our team today and own your career!
Successful Candidate will be:
- Highly organized, self-starting individual with a keen customer focus and ability to meet deadlines
- Detail orientated with an eye for continuous improvement in quality and the processes of estimating and sales
- Effective communicator both internally; to all levels of management, and externally with customers and suppliers
- A team player with colleagues and customers
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to read and understand Architectural, Civil, and Landscape plans
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating a working knowledge of estimating for all site scopes such as; structural & site concrete, landscape, steel, asphalt and carpentry
- Highly proficient in MS Office products, Estimating software, On-Screen Take Off (OST), Auto-Cad, Bluebeam
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package and incentive program for excellent performance
- Comprehensive medical, dental insurance program, vacation, and 401k
Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Pre-bid coordination
- Respond to bid Invitations & attend Job walks as needed
- Manage all plans and specs required for bidding
- Ensure “Competitive Buyout” for projects.
- Complete comprehensive take-off of all plans
- Manage RFIs and addendums
- Schedule Peer Review of the final bid
- Identify all exclusions prior to review
- Contract Award
- Review contracts scope and pricing
- Schedule and execute project handoff to the project management team
If you believe you have the required skills and motivation to be successful in this position we look forward to meeting you.
Send the following to Admin@techconcorp.com
- Salary expectations
- References and other relevant information you consider valuable in our evaluation
Thank you for your interest in Techcon-Monument Construction.